If, like me, you’ve started on the Dukan Diet and are finding it a wee bit tricky to create decent meals that will allow you to stick to the diet and tickle your taste buds at the same time, here’s some of my favourite tried and tested recipes.
*suitable for Pure Protein days*
THAI SALMON FISHCAKES
- 200g Salmon
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 4 spring onions
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped lemongrass
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Put everything but salmon in the blender until finely chopped
- add salmon, salt and pepper to taste, and blend again until similar to mince (it will be quite sloppy)
- spray some oil in hot frying pan
- Spoon tablespoons of the mixture into pan. If it starts to spit, turn the heat down
- Let one side really seal before trying to turn over (like an omelette)
- When firm and golden brown, they are ready
- To make a nice dip mix 1 tbsp of greek yoghurt with 1 tsp Philledelphia and 1 tsp parsley and dollop on top
- On P/V days serve on a bed of rocket
STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
- 2 large or 3 small Chicken Breasts
- Ham (I used 12 small slices for 3 small Chicken Breasts)
- 3 big spoonfuls of Cottage Cheese
- Cracked Black Pepper
- about 1 tsp Ground Sage Leaves
- Olive Oil spray
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees. Lightly spray a small oven dish with Olive Oil, gently wipe away excess oil with paper towel.
- 2. In a small bowl mix together the Cottage Cheese, Black Pepper & Ground Sage
- 3. With a sharp knife cut a pocket into the side of each Chicken Breast, being careful not to cut the whole way through the Chicken.
- 4. Spoon the Cottage Cheese mixture into the Chicken Breast pockets. Try and close the Chicken Breast back together if you can by pinching the chicken with your fingers.
- 5. Wrap the Chicken Breast with the slices of Ham, covering the opening first.
- 6. Place the Chicken Breasts in the oven dish, evenly spaced apart.
- 7. Bake for approximately 40-45 minutes. I had to cover my dish with foil after 15 minutes as the Ham was starting to brown very quickly.
* Suitable for Protein/Veg days*
STUFFED PEPPERS (seriously tasty!)
- 1 large Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- Olive Oil Spray
- 1 tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tsp Chicken Stock Powder
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 bell peppers
- 200g Turkey Mince
- 2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Freshly cracked Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Philadelphia Extra Light
- Pre-heat your oven to gas mark 5.
- Finely chop the Onion and Garlic.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with Olive Oil, wipe excess away.
- Saute Onions and Garlic until translucent.
- Add Mince to the pan and brown.
- Stir in the tin of Tomatoes, Soy Sauce, Chicken Stock and Water. Allow to simmer until some of the liquid has evaporated.
- Wash and cut the tops off the peppers.Using a teaspoon, remove the membrane and seeds inside the capsicum. If there are some seeds stuck a quick rinse will do the trick.
- Once filling is ready, fill the Capsicums with the mixture using a teaspoon and firmly pack it in. Top with the Philadelphia and sprinkle with some parsley or oregano.
- Place the peppers in a baking dish filled with about 3 tablespoons of water and bake for 30 minutes.
(please note image is stock image – can’t use rice or parmesan for this recipe!)
MEAT AND VEG STIR FRY
- 100g pork
- 100g turkey breast
- 75g king prawns
- 1 onion
- 1 leek
- 1 pepper
- 1 green chilli
- handful button mushrooms
- 1 tsp chinese five spice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (reduced salt)
- handful cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- Thinly slice all veg and meat.
- Fry onion and garlic in oil on a high heat.
- Coat meat and prawns in chinese five spice then add meat to the pan and quickly brown.
- Throw in the leeks, mushrooms and peppers and toss.
- Add prawns, soy sauce and cherry tomatoes and cook through.